"Speak to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart." Eph. 5:19
Everyone is welcome! Through our music...
- We praise God.
- We grow closer to God.
- We tell others about God.
- We bless the congregation.
- We make something beautiful.
- We grow closer to one another.
Health Guidelines for Musicians (updated September 7, 2022)
- Vaccinations are optional. Sharing vaccination status is not required for participation in music activities.
- Masks are optional for all ensembles, instruments, choirs, and all ages in rehearsals and performances.
- Masking will continue for all congregational singing until DuPage County is in a low-transmission category.
- During pre-service rehearsals, Vocal Ensembles may warm up in the Choir Room or in the Sanctuary before the tech run-through.
- During the Tech Run-Through on Sunday morning, vocal ensembles may run their entire pieces.
Contact your group’s director or Jennifer Whiting through the Church Office for the most up-to-date information. You can also find Gary Church COVID-19 protocols here.
Wednesdays, 6–6:30 p.m., Choir Room
This group explores music through rhythm and movement, and each child is accompanied by an adult who participates in the class. It’s a fun way to spend time with your little one. Register here.
Mary Ellen Rahn, Director; Jill Baus, Assistant
Wednesdays, 6–6:45 p.m., Chapel
This group will focus on developing their singing voices, making music with friends, and praising God in worship. Register here.
Jennifer Whiting, Director; Katie Gibbons, Assistant
Second and third Saturdays, 8–9 a.m., Choir Room
High School–Adult, tenors and basses
Phil Roberts, Director; Jean Erickson, rehearsal pianist
This group for for adult sopranos and altos is on hiatus until we can provide leadership.
Thursdays, 7–8:30 p.m., Choir Room
High School–Adult, sopranos, altos, tenors, basses
Jennifer Whiting, Director; Kevin Lange, pianist
Please contact any director or the church office ( ) to find out more about our singing groups!
Good News Ringers
Wednesdays, 5:30–6:15 p.m., Bell Room
Nancy Brunner, Director; Jill Stoffels, Assistant
Sundays, 11 a.m.–noon, Bell Room
Grades 7–12 and adults
Kristin Kalitowski-Kowal, Director; Jill Stoffels, Assistant
This group is on hiatus until we can provide leadership. Interested adults are welcome to join Glory Ringers.
Wednesdays, 6:30–7:45 p.m., Sanctuary
Phil Roberts, Director
Please contact any director or the church office (
) to find out more about our handbell groups!
Share your musical gifts
Musicians of all ages are invited to "play skillfully with a loud noise" (Ps. 33:3) and soft noises, too!
Contact Jennifer Whiting to find out about playing instruments in worship. ( ).Musicians of all ages are encouraged to share their instruments in worship at Gary United Methodist Church in Wheaton, IL.
Contact Jennifer Whiting for details.