COVID-19 Response Update | Sept. 27, 2022
Comprising both members of the congregation and staff, the Gary Church Health team follows the safety recommendations of government agencies and the Northern Illinois Conference. Please know this information is subject to change if conditions regarding the coronavirus pandemic change.
For Gary Church, we continue to be guided by the goal to “Do No Harm.”
Gary Church encourages but does not require masking. This is consistent with the update in state requirements. Masks will be available at the Welcome Desk and in the Sanctuary. Gary Church’s Health Team will continue to monitor the COVID-19 recommendations of governmental agencies. Since DuPage County is now at a low transmission level, the congregation will also sing with masks optional. Check the e-news and garychurch.org for updates.
Check-in Upon Entry
Self-check-in upon entering the building is no longer required. The hand sanitizing station and a table with masks and wipes will remain.
Sunday Morning Worship
- We have returned to a modified greeter and welcome host format and encourage fist or elbow bumping instead of handshaking.
- When DuPage County is at a low transmission level, congregational singing is mask optional.
- Hymnals and Bibles are available in the pews.
- Kids’ Church has returned. Following the Children’s Message, Preschool 3s–Grade 3 will proceed to Gamon Hall.
- Nursery care is available.
- We encourage social distancing in the Sanctuary and throughout the church.
- We celebrate Holy Communion on the first Sunday of each month at 9 a.m. At the 11 a.m. service, we celebrate Holy Communion nearly weekly. For now, we will continue using individualized Fellowship Cups.
- Please consider giving online. Offering plates will be available during the service.
- Bulletin and announcements are online. Ushers have a small number of paper copies available if you prefer.
- Welcome cards and pens will be available for visitors.
- Please register your attendance online.
- Food and drink will be permitted.
- Special Blend Fellowship on Sunday mornings will be in a modified format.
- Some meetings rooms may continue to have reduced capacity with consideration being given to the air exchange rates and possible viral load of the space. Room assignments will be scheduled to allow for adequate social distancing.
- We no longer require a 24-hour period between meetings in a space.
- Weddings and Funerals will follow the same guidelines noted above.
- Worship Talk will continue at 11 a.m. on Zoom.
- Sunday School has returned for preschool through adult during the school year.
Gary's Health Team will continue to monitor COVID-19 guidelines and will communicate any revisions to our practices through email.